What is possible with multicolor 3d printing?
In the multi-colour Multi Jet Fusion process, the material polyamide 12 (CB PA12) is used. This allows both single and multi-colour printing. The mechanical properties of the material are not affected and the brilliant colours enable a wide variety of applications such as:
- View models of company-specific vehicles, ships, excavators, etc. that you want to display.
- A mascot as a three-dimensional, coloured promotional gift (or even a logo)
- Special models of model building parts
- Architectural models of planned buildings
- Applications for medicine and medical education, for example anatomical models of vessels, bones, organs
Which file formats are suitable for multicolour 3D printing?
The following 3D print files will include the values and details of colours correctly to transfer it to the printer:
- STEP with colour information
- 3MF with colour information
- OBJ with colour information
If you have questions, or are not sure if the file is accurat, create an individual request, attach the file and describe your question exactly. In our 3D print stores you will immediately receive a quote with price and delivery time when you upload a file. Here you can get to our partner stores (select partner and click on link): 3D printing service
Which applications could be printed in multiple colours?
There are other applications where multicolour printing can be useful. For example, the following: